Topics covered include:
PART ONE (morning sesssion):
• The THREE UNIQUE CHALLENGES of screen acting;
• TYPECASTING: how to use it and move beyond it;
• the 3 MOST EFFECTIVE MARKETING TOOLS;
• how to THRIVE on uncertainty;
• how to study the UK screen market for WORK OPPORTUNITIES;
• how to produce a SHOWREEL which casting directors will love.
PART TWO: (afternoon session):
• how to approach casting directors and, more importantly, how NOT to approach them!;
• how to get the right AGENT FOR SCREEN WORK;
• how to access information on all FORTHCOMING UK PRODUCTIONS;
• SCREEN AUDITION TECHNIQUE;
• how to NETWORK EFFECTIVELY;
• the FOUR GOLDEN RULES of marketing yourself; and
• how to put it all together into an OVERALL GAME PLAN.
There will be showreel screenings to demonstrate how best to impress casting directors and create a positive profile, and how bad reels can do more harm than good!
Also, participants will have the opportunity for individual feedback on your reels.
I did 2 courses and they were the perfect consolidation to what I had learnt through experience and at drama school. I now feel totally equipped to go into any screen audition with the knowledge and confidence required. I cannot recommend Andrew enough."
next WORKSHOP DIRECTOR